I can’t believe it’s almost December! Annnd…the November Blog Like Crazy challenge is coming to an end. Eek!
The Thanksgiving holiday is over and you know what we say next, “time to get back on track!” I totally enjoyed my holiday and although I didn’t overdo it, I did indulge in a few of my favorites. Gluten-free, raw Kale Casserole was not on our Thanksgiving menu. I enjoyed my Moms cornbread dressing along with my delicious sweet potato casserole, and other delicious eats. A beautiful energy is created when we come together with good food, drinks, conversation, and laughter.
I’ve heard a few people say that they ate too much over the holiday weekend. Well…guess what? Today is a new day and you can start fresh! Don’t beat yourself up over what’s already done. During the winter/holiday season is when some people gain weight. Daylight hours are shorter and we pull out our bins of over-sized sweaters, boyfriend jeans, stretchy pants, and whatever else that makes us feel warm and fuzzy. You don’t have to wait for the next holiday to end to begin.
Don’t get hung up on the number on the scale, but make sure you have an action plan:
- Keep a food/activity journal. A journal is a great way to stay on track with your fitness/food goals. Also, apps like My Fitness Pal will help you stay accountable. I’m also old school and I love paper. Writing my daily goals in my journal helps me stay on track, too.
- Get moving. Start your day with a run or a morning hike, take a walk on your lunch break, or plan to hit the gym after work.
- Eat Smart. Stick to the good health guidelines. Small changes turn into big changes. I may no longer be a Weight Watchers member, but I still follow the GHG as best I can.
- Re-energize. Jeff Galloway has great tips on Ways to Energize Your Day and Clear Your Brain. Make sure you check out his tips!
- Think positive. No matter what has been done or what the scale says, stay encouraged! You CAN get back on track and reach your goals!
- Be intentional. Make YOU a priority. Set your goal, go after it, and crush it!
My gym bag is packed and I’m ready to get moving. How are you getting back on track after the holiday?