I love the holiday season because it’s a great excuse to cook, bake, and try new recipes! I’m looking forward to our Thanksgiving gatherings over the next few weeks.
Wait! Did I just say a few weeks? Can you believe Thanksgiving is almost here? The good thing is I always have something yummy in my foodie tank. I will be preparing one of my NEW favorites: Cranberry Goat Cheese & Cheddar Sausage Crescent Balls! My whole family loves Pillsbury Crescent Rolls because they are perfect for any meal. In addition, sausage balls are one of my favorites because they go well with any occasion. Being that it’s holiday season, I will also be taking advantage of the great savings at Publix—and you should, too! Let’s get to the recipe…
CRANBERRY GOAT CHEESE & CHEDDAR CRESCENT SAUSAGE BALLS
- 1 lb of spicy sausage
- 1 cup of reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz candied cranberry goat cheese (found at Publix)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsps of all-purpose flour
- 1 can of Pillsbury Original Crescents
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 15x10x1 inch pan with foil; spray with cooking pray.
- In a large bowl, mix sausage, cheddar cheese, candied cranberry goat cheese, and parsley; mix well using hands or spoon.
- Unroll crescent dough on surface; dust each side with 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Using pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into about 1/4 inch pieces.
- Add in crescent dough pieces into bowl of sausage mixture slowly until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 42 (1 1/4 inch balls).
- Place in pan. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is easy enough for anyone to make it and it is one the whole family will love! Now I want to share the loveeeee!