My Mom showed me that gifts didn’t have to be expensive, but the thought that goes into them and just showing someone you care is all that matters. It’s about sharing love without expecting anything in return. When you give freely without reservation, the universe will give back to you 100-fold. That being said, this year I wanted to do something a little different. I wanted to share with you some of my favorite gift ideas that give back whether it be through encouragement, the tummy, or to help someone in need. I’m also sharing gift ideas that may not be on your list just yet, and a little local love.
THE GIVING KEYS
Many people have asked about the key that I wear around my neck. The key is from The Giving Keys: A Pay It Forward Company. It was given to me by my sweet friend, Leigh (AKA Princess Leigh), and you rarely see me without it on. It was the first time I’d ever heard about The Giving Keys, when she encouraged me to watch the TEDx Talk from the founder of The Giving Keys, Caitlin Crosby. When I did, I was sold! I love the message behind the keys, “Embrace your word, then pay it forward to a person you feel needs the message more than you.” What I love even more about The Giving Keys is that they employ those who are transitioning out of homelessness.
When you receive a key you are to:
- Choose, Wear, & Embrace the word on your key (my word is “Awaken” which I will share all about it later)
- Then pass it on [when you are ready] to someone you feel needs the message more than you
- Share your story as to why you gave it away
Read more about the story behind The Giving Keys here as well as the lives being changed around the world. This is the perfect gift idea, and a great way to give back.
Keep your eyes open to all the needs you see around you. They are all over the place. – Caitlin Crosby, Founder of The Giving Keys
IVY & VINE CLOTHING
Ivy & Vine Clothing Co. has the dopest (and cutest) clothing and accessories for women and kids. You can find something for your bestie, your sorority sister, your friend, your littles, and even the jet-setter in your life. And jet-setters you must check out the passport covers! And if you’re Greek, they have custom passport covers just for you, too! YOU. WILL. LOVE! Don’t believe me? Check out Ivy & Vine Clothing on Instagram! I love their tees so make sure you check those out, too. I’ll be sharing one of my favorites soon, so stay tuned! So SHOP NOW at Ivy & Vine Clothing by visiting here!
Speaking of jet-setting…
DYNAMITE TRAVEL, LLC
Dynamite Travel, LLC wants you to enjoy up to $300 in resort credits and up to 50% off your stay at the New Royalton resort in beautiful Jamaica when you travel before April 30, 2017. For a limited time, guests can enjoy free exchange privileges at other Royalton sister properties! Visit their website at http://www.sodynamite.com or contact them TODAY at firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of this amazing offer!
Don’t forget to grab your passport covers from Ivy & Vine Clothing!
Clearly, the Firestick has been a hot commodity for some time now, but as usual I’m late to the party. If you know me, you know I’m a gadget junkie and I’m here for it! Like the Phillips Air Fryer last year…the Firestick has somehow made its way to my holiday wishlist. Look, a girl can wish! This gift will be perfect for the man in your life…or woman…or yourself! See what I did there?
Here are the deets:
- It’s powerful with the fastest Wi-Fi and most accurate voice search of any streaming media stick–now with the Alexa Voice Remote.
- Enjoy over 7,000 apps, games, and Alexa skills including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, YouTube, Amazon Video, NBC, WatchESPN, Disney, and more. Subscription fees may apply.
- Launch and control content with the included Alexa Voice Remote.
- Play music, find movie show times, order a pizza, and more—just ask.
Sounds like a winner to me! Get yours here!
BOOKS TO READ
I’m sharing three very different books that I have recently added to my collection!
I’m Judging You: The Do-Better Manual by Luvvie Ajayi — It’s the holidays, and we all need a good laugh. Especially when you need a little comic relief to help you deal with “those family” members over the holidays. Luvvie’s book will have you laughing so hard that you might just tinkle in your pants. This book is a great way to lighten the holiday mood with pure hilarity from the Queen of Serving Tea herself! Be warned: you may be reading about someone in your family or one of your friends. And don’t get caught getting served tea either.
Thing I Wish I Knew Before My Mom Died: Coping with Loss Every Day by Ty Alexander — I don’t want to be Debbie Downer, but LIFE happens. And during the holiday season, the reality is stronger than ever for a lot of folks. H-E-L-L-O! Ty’s book is a real honest look into the reality of this thing called chasing the new normal. This book will provide a way to grasp the new normal without feeling alone. To be honest, I think everyone should read this book (regardless of the title).
Fat Girl Power: How I Built Confidence through Body Positivity, Fashion and Fitness by Jennifer King. — This book was written by my friend and fellow blogger, Jennifer of Stellar Fitness & Fashion. She is also a body positive, fitness blogger who shares her journey through personal lessons on self-confidence, fitness, fashion, and body positivity. I see so much negativity when comes to body image and body shaming, and I’m happy see more positive messages put out there, especially for women and girls. I hope this book inspires everyone to love themselves, to walk boldly in confidence, and to always Speak Beautiful!
ERIN CONDREN LIFEPLANNER
I absolutely fell in love with my Erin Condren LifePlanner last year, and I knew there was no going back. Washi tape, stickers, pens, markers, you name it! Having supplies in my stash makes planning so much fun! I enjoyed it so much I wrote a post about it. This planner will make the perfect gift for anyone. And don’t mind the flamingos, I’m just a bit obsessed.
To add a little joy to your holiday shopping, use my referral link to get $10 off your first Erin Condren purchase. Very important instructions! COPY AND PASTE my referral link — https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/artneywalker0408 — into your browser, sign-up, and you will receive your $10 off code to start shopping!
THERMOS BOTTLE WITH SMART LID
The Thermos® Bottle with Smart Lid is perfect for the fitness enthusiast in your life. Unless you’re like me and just need to do a better job when it comes to water intake. I think we all can be a little guilty of that. Here are a few reasons why you need the Thermos® Bottle with Smart Lid in your life:
- Set your daily hydration goal. It is recommended that we drink half of our body weight in ounces. The Smart Lid app* will allow you to select the recommended 64 ounces per day (8 glasses) or you can adjust it to fit your needs.
- Activity Dashboard. The dashboard displays consumed water, the amount of minutes it takes to consume, and how many sips taken. How cool is that?
- Bluetooth technology. It has a 75 foot wireless range and will update your dashboard in a flash.
- Track and Monitor Your Progress. There is a daily graph that will show daily, weekly, and monthly progress.
- Reminders. Who needs reminders? *raises hand* Having an alert to tell me when to hydrate is probably my favorite feature! You will be surprised how easy it is for people to go about their day and not properly hydrate. You can even customize your reminders to meet your needs.
- Works with Fitbit. All of my Fitbit lovers are going to love this feature. Your status will synch from your Thermos® Smart Lid app to your Fitbit dashboard each time you finish a bottle of water.
- Get Social! You get to brag to your friends on social media your progress while using your Thermos® Bottle with Smart Lid!
*The app can be found in the Apple store. Crossing fingers that it will be available in the Google Play store soon.
You can purchase yours here!
If you’re in the Birmingham and surrounding areas, Patties Kakes is offering Christmas Tins and Christmas Cake Pops for the holidays. Her Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies…are amazing, so make sure you add those to your must-try list, too! These yummy treats will make the perfect gift for family, co-workers, neighbors, and friends. And if you need a Holiday Party Platter, they are available, too. You can find Patties Kakes yummy treats and contact info here. Go ahead and place your holiday order now! Please check availability before ordering. Buy local. Shop local!
If you’re looking for gift ideas for the foodie in your life, make sure you check out my post here. I hope you find these gift ideas helpful! Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season!
*This post contains affiliate links.