Honey Jalapeño Mint Pineapple Spritzer is so refreshing and the perfect addition to Girls’ Night or even Date Night!
I’ve been trying to enjoy as much time outside on my patio being that summer is coming to an end. It seems like it has rained almost every single day this summer. Although fall is a great time to enjoy friends and laughs on the patio, it has been hard due to the weather. After a weekend spent with family and friends, I wanted to end it with a Girls’ Night In celebration. We also knew it would be over a month until we saw each other again, so we knew we would be enjoying lots of laughs over some yummy food and good drinks!
The rain started to pour down, so we moved our festivities inside. I decided to make the ladies a few of my signature cocktails (or mocktails depending on preference). I’m also excited to share that I’m partnering with National Honey Board for National Honey Month! If you know me then you know I love using honey in recipes, so it was easy to come up with a few, fun cocktails for us to enjoy!
Thanks to entertainment expert, Camille Styles, I was sent a party pack to help kick-off our festivities in style! Nothing like loving on my girls as we celebrate life’s “Golden Moments“, new beginnings, and milestones! Knowing that we were moving our party inside, my HB took a break from football with the fellas to assist us with making sure we had the ambiance that we needed.
Since we were celebrating HB’s birthday as well, I wanted to make a drink in honor of his special day. Using one of his favorite ingredients (jalapeño) and a few of my favorites: honey, fresh mint, and pineapple — I came up with a drink that everyone loved! OK…drinks! I love the versatility of honey, and of course this recipe is too good not to share!
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 1/4 sliced fresh jalapeño
- 2 oz of pineapple juice
- 4 oz of seltzer or tonic water
- Muddle a sprig of fresh mint and a quarter of a fresh jalapeño in a mixing bowl for 30 seconds.
- Use the leftover portion of jalapeño and cut a small sliver into the pepper and use to moisten the rim of the glass of choice, and coat the rim of the glass with sugar. OR if the pepper is too hot, try using honey to moisten the rim of the glass then coat with sugar. This is my personal favorite!
- Pour seltzer or tonic water and pineapple juice into shaker with crushed or cubed ice.
- Strain muddled mix into glass (remember to keep muddled sprig of mint and jalapeño out)
- Garnish with a generous drizzle of honey, thin slices of jalapeño and sprigs of fresh mint.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Optional (Age 21+): Use pineapple flavored wine in the place of pineapple juice. Another option is to add 1.75 oz of Summer Colada OR use pineapple flavored vodka. Please drink responsibly.
- Slice of fresh jalapeño
- Sprig of mint