Photo via @lecrae
Since November is coming to a close, I thought now was a good time to share a moment of transparency. A year ago, I felt like I was in the pit of hell. I didn’t even know when, how, or If I was going to make it out — But GOD!
Being with my Mom when she unexpectedly passed away was a tough pill to swallow. Out of all days, it was on Mother’s Day. It left me lifeless. That’s a bitter pill I wish no one had to EVER swallow. I hear people say, “you are so strong”, but they have no idea the hell that I’ve gone through or the challenges that I faced (some of which are still ongoing).
There was a time where I felt like I needed to stay in a rut or a place of sadness/ grief/depression, because it felt so familiar. I quickly learned that if you don’t get a handle on it, and I do mean with the quickness, it will destroy you. As my Mom used to say, “you betta live [your life]!” Now I’m not saying I don’t have my moments, because I most certainly do; however, knowing that I’m not alone on this life journey makes a world of difference.
How do I do it? The Grace of God. I’m so thankful for the people (including family) that He has placed in my life. They have been my rock, they have loved me, and they have shown me when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Perhaps even spiked lemonade depending on who you ask. Lol!
I have so much to be thankful for…
- Even on my worst days, God will still send sunshine.
- I’m never alone even when it feels like it.
- I can get back to the things that I love even if it takes time.
- It’s perfectly OK to feel my feelings.
- If I’m not OK, that’s fine too.
- Being in what the old folk say “the land of the living” is without a doubt a blessing!
- Even when I’m hanging on by a thread, God is hanging right there with me.
- My tribe, I couldn’t do life without you.
I don’t know who may need this but…no matter what life brings you, there is a blessing on the other side. PLEASE, keep going.