I love this time of year because I get to enjoy seasonal favorites and fun recipes! When the miniature pumpkins arrived on the scene for fall, I knew I had to create something special just for them. Fall brings so much inpiration. After looking through old fall photos, I knew exactly what I was going to create with my little cuties—Pumpkin Patch Cheese Pie!
Before we get to the recipe, let me tell you the back story of my love for Cheese Pie. There is a riverfront restaurant that I frequented often while living in Tuscaloosa, Alabama known for its Cheese Pie. It’s one of those pies I wouldn’t dare count the points or log into my food tracker. I just wouldn’t want to talk myself out of enjoying this amazing dessert. The first time I had a slice of this pie, it was so good I closed my eyes and found myself humming. It was like the first reaction a Grandmother would have after tasting something she cooked from her soul. I decided it was my mission to create a way to enjoy one of my favorite desserts without the guilt.
- 15-20 mello mini crème pumpkins
- 1 reduced fat "ready" graham pie crust
- 8 oz of light cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz tub of light whipped topping, frozen
- 1/3 cup of low-fat milk
- 1 - 1 oz box of sugar free/fat free cheesecake pudding mix
- Using a hand mixer blend softened cream cheese, whipped topping, pudding mix, and milk in a mixing bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Pour pudding mixture into reduced fat graham pie crust.
- Add chocolate graham cracker crumbles on top of pudding mixture for your “dirt”.
- Place miniature pumpkins over the "patch”.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
- I prefer my "dirt" more on the chunky side. If you would prefer yours more fine, use a food processor or crumble to desired consistency.
- Please feel free to substitute any low-calorie/light options for regular.
Uh oh! Looks like someone got caught in the pumpkin patch!
This Pumpkin Patch Cheese Pie makes the perfect fall dessert for home, school, festivals, and parties! For more recipes and sweet eats, visit the Sweet Eats section under Food & Recipes! Also, if you love cheesecake and berries as much as I do, try this Berry Cheesecake Trifle Recipe here.
Recipe inspiration: My nephew Winston!
Find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest