Do you have a certain dish that you like to prepare when it comes to entertaining or while hanging out with friends/family? Well, if you’ve followed me since the beginning, I shared a Hot Crab, Spinach, and Artichoke Dip many years ago. It was time to reintroduce it, plus it’s a great appetizer for game day snacking!
Not too long ago, I decided to make this dip for dinner. I know…totally random. HB and I paired it with a glass of Riesling, and it was perfect ! I can’t believe it took me so long to make it again, but I’m glad I did. Shortly after, I decided to make it again for the family during one of the weekends we were all together. And you better believe it was a HIT!
What’s even more exciting about this recipe is that I came up with Hot Crab Spinach Puffs and the dip was the filling. Note: I used a Parmesan-cheddar blend for the puffs recipe. You basically take the dip and stuff them into puff pastries. You can find the recipe here!
I love artichokes!
The cheesier the better!
HOT CRAB, SPINACH, AND ARTICHOKE DIP
- 1-2 tablespoons of all-natural butter, spread, or oil
- 4-5 cups of loosely packed baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of coarsely chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup of light sour cream
- 1/4 cup of light mayo (optional)
- 8 ounces regular or light cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 12 oz of Jumbo Lump Crab Meat (I also like using Miller’s Select Claw Crab Meat) — if you can find it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter melts add spinach and cook just until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Next, mix the spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, cream cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese. light mayo, light sour cream, and lump crab meat.
- Stir to combine.
- Spray a small casserole dish with cooking spray and spoon mixture into the dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Turn on the broiler and cook for 3-5 more minutes or until the cheese is browned and edges are bubbly.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve warm with tortilla chips or pita chips (Roasted Garlic is one of my favorite flavors with this dip).
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this dip as much as we did!