Tastes like it was made tableside at your favorite restaurant! This fresh, Chunky Guacamole can be served as an appetizer, snack, or a meal!
I don’t know about you and your family, but we like to celebrate with good food! I know things may seem a little somber right now, and you may even miss your favorite restaurant. But—it’s okay. I do too! Glass half full moment. You can still make memories at home!
I never thought I’d enjoy cooking, sharing good food and recipes on the regular, but I mean…what else can you do when you’re trying to navigate through a whole pandemic and self-quarantine? Or at least we are. But seriously, don’t let that stop you from enjoying life—and great food!
One of our favorite local restaurants, Babalu’s Tacos and Tapas, used to serve up some of the BEST Tableside Guacamole. They closed back in April, and we were devastated. It was a place of many Happy Hours, cousin dates, and date nights. I sure will miss it and their chunky guac, so I ended up getting some avocados and adding the rest of my ingredients to make a yummy bowl of happiness! *let’s pour one out for Babulu’s*
Guacamole is easy to make, but there’s something about Chunky Guacamole. With some football season normalcy in full effect, I knew this would be a quick recipe to enjoy while watching the game — OR when you just want something good to snack on. All you need is a mixing bowl and fresh ingredients! Let’s get to the recipe!
- 3 ripe Avocados, scooped out
- 1 Roma Tomato, chopped (not too fine)
- 1/2 cup of red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of green onion, chopped
- 1/2 (small bunch) cilantro, chopped
- 2 to 4 Tbsps, fresh squeezed lime juice (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or diced into small pieces (optional)
- 1 jalapeno, diced (without seeds) with-for heat
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Add avocado, roma tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper to mixing bowl.
- Using a wooden spatula or spoon, mix ingredients until desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can use a fork to break up avocado, but it will make it too mushy. To keep the chunky consistency, stick with a wooden spatula or wooden utensil with flat edge.
- You can also use serrano chiles instead of jalapenos. We added some from our garden. They did pack some heat, but they are so good!
- For 4 to 6 people, double the recipe!
See how simple that it is! Now you can enjoy Tableside Guacamole at home! Oh, by the way! My Chunky Salsa is coming soon! Also, check out these other great recipes that are perfect for Taco Night!
Taco-Bell inspired Mexican Pizza
Chorizo Queso Dip
Chipotle Shrimp Taco Bites
Enjoy! What’s your favorite appetizer/snack while watching the game?