This creamy Chorizo Queso Dip is a blend of chorizo, melted cheese, onions, and other delicious seasonings. Perfect for any occasion!
I was introduced to chorizo for the first time a few years ago when HB took me to one of his favorite Mexican restaurants. I decided to be adventurous so I ordered chorizo tacos. They were absolutely amazing! I have been hooked ever since. Chorizo is a form of sausage that is typically found in Latin cuisine.
While shopping at Sprouts Farmers Market, I was excited to find out they had fresh, ground chorizo! Sprouts has 20 varieties of nitrate and MSG-free chicken and pork sausage made right in the store. They also have all-natural meats made with natural ingredients, and they are all made from scratch. I added chorizo to my basket, because I knew exactly what I was going to prepare. I love that I found everything that I needed at Sprouts for my super, fun recipe!
With chorizo, you don’t have to add any seasoning before you cook it. It’s perfection. I love it in pasta, on a salad, and now my new favorite—a cheesy, appetizer dip!
I’m still celebrating the new year, so that means entertaining…with food! I really enjoy preparing fun meals for my family. Besides, football season is not officially over yet (Go Blazers and Roll Tide)! You know you can’t watch football without good eats. And there’s basketball season, too! The great thing about this dip is that it’s super easy to make and you can make it any time of the year!
CHORIZO QUESO DIP
- 1/2 pound of ground chorizo
- 1 cup of melting Mexican cheese queso, oaxaco, or asadero cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup of green onions chopped
- 1.5 cloves of garlic minced or finely chopped
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Heat oven to broil.
- In a medium skillet, cook chorizo and minced garlic over medium heat all the way through for about 4-6 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix both cheeses together until you get a nice blend.
- Using a small cast iron skillet or broiler safe dish, add cheese.
- Place skillet in the oven and broil until melted.
- Top cheese with drained chorizo and green onions.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with tortilla chips!
- Please watch your cheese when broiling, because it will brown quickly. I don't mind a little crispy, browned cheese on top!
- Multi-grain tortilla chips are a great healthy swap!
Enjoy and Happy New Year!